Throw Big or Go Home 2 Day Workshop With Michael
Time & Location
About The Class
Want to make bigger pots on the wheel? Students in this fun two-day hands-on workshop with Michael Giles of Giles Pottery will explore several different ways of “going big,” including:
· Centering larger amounts of clay by adding clay in installments
· Throwing smaller pieces you can assemble into larger pots
· Using the coil-and-throw technique
· Altering pots during and after the throwing process
Over the two days, Michael will demonstrate various techniques and then coach students as they put those new skills into practice on the wheel. On day one, you’ll throw the separate parts of a larger pot. On day two, you’ll combine those parts into a beautiful big masterpiece.
You don’t have to be an expert thrower to take this workshop, but you’ll need to be able to center and throw a small cylinder. Bring a lunch both days: we’ll take a half hour at midday to refuel.
Saturday, July 21 and Sunday July 22
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
$100 plus the cost of clay($28 or $34)
- 2 day workshop$100$1000$0