top of page
THE CLAY HUB COLLECTIVE
Sun, May 28|
Tips and Tricks for Reclaiming Clay with Patti
ONLY $20 = It's not hard, anyone can do it!
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
May 28, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Duncan, 2375 Koksilah Rd, Duncan, BC V9L 6M5, Canada
About The Class
Sunday May 28th, 2023 from 1:30-3:30pm We will be outside behind the studio.
This workshop will help you understand how to reclaim your clay scraps and store recycled clay for future use. Specifically we will focus on;
- Understanding the 9 stages of clay
- Understand what tools / equipment are helpful to set up a reclaim system at home
- Learn tips for managing clay scraps during hand building/ trimming, and tips for managing clay slurry during throwing.
- Learn how to soften a hard bag of clay, how to reconstitute bone dry clay fragments into slip then back into plastic clay to use.
- How to properly store reclaimed clay to help retain longevity
- Considerations when working with reclaimed clay versus new clay
- How to make and care for a plaster bat at home (demonstration given, handout will be provided)
Note: Mask are now optional still sanitze when entering the studio. Bring your own aprons and hand towels to take home and wash.
Max: 20 Min: 9
Cost: $20 plus GST 1.00 Total: $ 21.00
Instructor: Patti Parkyn
Workshop Assistant: Renee Farquhar
For any inquires contact Patti at: email@example.com
2321, reclaim clayWS,Patti, 20
bottom of page